ATC Prompt Circles

 Hi again. Today I’m sharing my ATC’s for the Elizabeth Craft Designs July ATC prompt. The prompt this month is “circles”.


I started out by cutting the cards from the Abandoned Papers collection using the stitched ATC die from the original ATC Specials Kit. 


My next step was to run them through a couple of embossing folders I had in my stash. Each one has a different circle pattern. 


Next, I used my brayer to apply some die ink to the embossed circles. 


Once the embossed circles were coloured I used the same ink to edge distress each card. 


I used the same ATC Specials kit to cut out bases for my cards using brown cardstock that coordinates nicely with my patterned paper. 


I ink distressed the edges of the bases with my light brown ink and stamped the back with the coordinating stamp from the ATC Specials kit. 


I attached the cards to the bases. 


I pulled out the hot air balloon stamp from set CS361 Around the World. First I mounted it to my block backwards! I inked up the back of the stamp and then stamped it on scrap paper. I spritzed the remaining ink with some water and stamped it onto some off white cardstock. This creates a kind of watercolour effect. 


Then I flipped my stamp over to the right side and stamped the image in black ink overtop of the previous image and then die cut it out. 


I rounded the balloon with my fingers, for dimension, and added a strip of foam tape on the back to hold the shape. I added some liquid adhesive to the basket only and then attached it to the card. I added a word sticker on top of the balloon which also helped to hold the curved shape. 


My final touch was to add some clear blue and green gems that I found at a thrift store using my Zots. 


I hope you enjoyed these fun artist trading cards. Be sure to follow along with the prompts yourself. You can find the Facebook group here. The prompts are in the Featured section. 

Thank you for stopping by and have yourself an AMAZING day!
















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

August New Product Blog Hop