April Blog Hop

Welcome to our monthly team Blog Hop featuring creative techniques.  If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you get lost you can find your way by going to Brae's blog at http://thebrae-er.blogspot.com for a full list of participants. If you came from Rosalynd Kelly's of In My Scrappin' Room then you are in the right place!
We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 




I decided to focus this month on CTMH True Fit Folios to show you how to create a very unique interactive layout.  These folders are designed to be fully inserted into your memory protector and allow you to store memorabilia.  I decided to change it up and use it to allow more pictures and a fun openable page.  The over all layout is based on the Top Hat pattern from the Magic book.  The paper pack is Fanfare which is now retired.



I added this little piece of White Daisy cardstock to make sure that viewers would know to lift the page.  I used the Approved stamp set with second and third generation stamping to create the background for the tab.  The "open me" is stamped with the A Typeface alphabet.



Here is the inside of the True Fit Folio.  I love the idea of using it this way to make your layout larger and incorporate more pictures.  I have been doing this type of thing more an more and it is the same idea as a memory file.  




I used the Polka Dot Alphabet stamp set to create the words for the title, cut them out and then popped them up with foam tape.  Then I added some of the discontinued Sweetheart Level 2 epoxy elements.  Most the of epoxy shapes are filled inside with coordinating paper to add a little bit extra contrast.



I placed some Black & Grey Sparkles throughout the layout to add a little bit of bling! 

The next stop on the Hop is Tamara Lisowski of Mara's Journey.
Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects using some of the techniques seen along the way. Join us again in next month when we will be featuring special techniques.

Comments

  1. I love how you used the folio, I guess that is something I need to add to my next shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite things to do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout and that's a great way to use the folios! I love making mini albums with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I enjoyed your layout. I have never done this before and may just have to try it sometime soon. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Journal Together 2024 February Prompt