Sunday, 11 May 2014

Another Mini Book Gift

My husband's best friend turned 50 this past month.  I knew that I needed to make a little something for him to remember the occasion.  I searched through my stash and found the perfect little mini book.  It's the CTMH My Creations 3-ring binder.  It's discontinued now but there are new ones to choose from.


I used some old Lucky paper and stickease and some embellishments from my stash.  I love how well the new Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon matches with this.  It added some nice texture to the cover.  I also used a couple of the new mini stamps.  I used the Heartfelt Birthday and the Shooting Star one.  These are great little stamps that are so useful and they only cost $2.95.


I decided to stick with the white pages and just add some background stamping.  I love all of my background and texture stamps.  I have quite a collection of them.  This one is the new Flight of the Arrows set.  I've used it so many times already and still love it.  


I know that it's sometime frustrating to sign a guest book but I really wanted to have a little something from everyone at the party.  I used the CTMH Cricut cartridges to cut out the journalling pieces.  I love that I can match up my stamps with the Cricut cuts.  It makes it so easy.  I had these cute little envelopes that I picked up somewhere and they matched so nicely and I thought they would add some interest.

 
I wanted to try to make each page unique so I grabbed different stamps for each one.  I inked the edges of everything with Desert Sand ink.  I also used Outdoor Denim and Olive inks to keep everything consistent.  


I added in some of the My Stickease from the Victory kit also.  They have very similar colours and go very well with the colours I choose.  


I had some fun playing around with some of the photos in Photoshop.  I found some cool new pen settings that allowed me to create some neat effects on the edges.


I found these fun film strip pens online and spent way too much time playing around with them.  It was a lot of fun though and they turned out pretty cool looking.  I even wrinkled up the photo to try to make it look like it had been around for a while.


I hope you enjoyed my latest project.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I used so many different stamp sets in this book and I'm happy to look up the names for you if you're interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment