Sidekick Saturday February 3 Prompt

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing another planner page that I made for the Elizabeth Craft Planners & Journaling Facebook group Sidekick Saturday prompts. I’m still playing catch up on these prompts.

The prompt for February 3 was Arts & Crafts. I decided to use some stamps from ECD and do dome colouring with my pencil crayons.


I started by die cutting some corrugated cardboard that I salvaged from some packaging. I tore off the one side exposing the corrugated parts. I wasn’t worried about this being perfect as it looks cool with some bits still left attached. I used the Art Journal Specials ATC stitched mat to cut them out. 


Next I stamped and cut out the pencil from CS295 Journal Your Life and the vase from CS304 Back in Time. The pencil doesn’t have a matching die but it was easy to fussy cut. 


Then I choose a few colours from my very large pencil crayon collection and coloured in the images. I also stamped and die cut the stamp and clip from the Journal Your Life stamp. 


I then chose a stamp from CS214 Paper Love and stamped it on paper from Reminiscence The Book 6. I also coloured it lightly. I ink distressed the edges of everything with a dark brown. 


I recently purchased some loose leaf CHOCOLATE tea while away on vacation. It is so good! I saved the tea bags which have a nice orangey tinge to them. 


Then I assembled everything together which you can see in my process video at the bottom of this post. 


I remembered to use my ATC stamp on the back of each card. 


As you can see in the close up, I added some simmer to the cardboard. I did this using something called shimmer paint which is likely over 10 years old but still good! It is similar to a glimmer paste I suppose. It has a fairly thin consistency. You could probably also use a glitter brush instead. I just dry brushed the paint on in a few areas making sure not to cover the entire card. 


Although the prompts are created for a sidekick journal, I am making mine for the full size planner. I cut out a pocket to hold my ATC’s using the Planner Essentials 30 Wave Pocket die and paper from Reminiscence The Book 2.


I folded it, inked it and then added a few embellishments. The orange tag at the top is from the 2110 Torn set, the “BORN TO CREATE” is from CS345 Stitched Borders. Since I didn’t end up using the clip on my ATC’s I used one here. 


You can see the assembly process video below on my YouTube channel.


Thank you for stopping by and have an AMAZING day!


Please use my discount code to save 10% on a min. $25 purchase

https://ecraftdesigns.com/HEATHERSPAPERPLAYROOM

CODE: HEATHERSPAPERPLAYROOM









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

Team Brae-er Blog Hop Year >> Noted