Another inspired project

 
 
Here is another project that I completed just last weekend. It was inspired mostly from Heidi Swapp and most of the product is hers.  I'm so happy that some of her product is now available at Michael's stores.
 
 

This is my first official Memory File project.  I decided that it was time I scrapbooked some of myself.  I went through my boxes of old pictures and this project includes some of my favourite ones.  The cover has a little bit of all my favourite lines.  The black mat is from Teresa Collins' Vintage Finds.  The banner is from the CTMH You & Me kit.  The letters and ribbon are from (Mist)-a-bles and the rest is Heidi Swapp.

 
So, I love Mustard Colorshine.  If you don't know what Colorshine is then you really need to see it in person.  It has a wonderful iridescence.  I used a ton of it on this project but the mister broke somehow and I didn't manage to exchange it until I was almost all done.
 
 
The inside of the memory file is packed full of pictures and journalling.  It is very interactive with flaps and pull outs.  I love how that works. 

 
For this page I cut a mini chipboard memory file and layered it to create a little photo stack. I added a CTMH Journalling Spot, some rub-ons and paper from the Sweetheart paper pack.
 

I also added a Heidi Swapp Jumbo Tag folded to hide some journalling. 

 
 
The centre of the memory file holds a ton of photos.  It's all about my college experience and a trip to New York City in my final year. 
 
 
 
 
I added a Heidi Swapp Foto stack to hold all of the photos from the trip. I couldn't believe how many spaces there are for photos and journalling. I had to go back to my photo box and find a few more to add.  

 
I added another Jumbo tag folding it in half and tucked it behind the banner Jumbo tag that I misted with CTMH Cranberry ink. 

 
The last page has more interactive areas and some random pictures from various times. 
 

 
The little zebra striped pocket is a bag that I got when I purchased some jewellery somewhere. I've been saving it for quite a while and finally found a use for it. I tucked a little tag inside that show's what I used to look like a long time ago in a bikini.
 

I added a CTMH 4x6 Flip Flap so that I could fit a couple of larger photos on the page and additional journalling.  I also used a piece of patterned cardstock from the CTMH You & Me kit to create another spot for more hidden pictures.  The back isn't decorated but I may still decide to put something on it. 
 
Now that I've started creating Memory Files and captured some of my childhood memories I want to do more and more.  I have a few more ideas on what I'm going to do and I'll share those with you once they are complete.
Thanks for looking at my work and I appreciate any feedback you might have.
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

Team Brae-er Blog Hop Year >> Noted