August New Product Blog Hop

 August Team Blog Hop
Welcome to our monthly team Blog Hop featuring projects from the new IDEA BOOK.  If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you get lost you can find your way by going to Brae's blog at http://thebrae-er.blogspot.com for a full list of participants. If you came from Alyson Mayo's Create with Alyson blog then you are in the right place!We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

I have been dying to use my new Cinch machine.  Up until this week I hadn't had time to take it out of the box.  I decided that this would be a great way to show off lots of items from the new Fall/Winter Idea Book and get a chance to test out the new Cinch.  Hence this fun little book.  It is 8x8 as that's the size of the chipboard I had for the covers.  I love how easy it was to punch through this heavy chipboard with the machine.  Super easy and fast.  I use the new ProPlayer paper pack for all of my pages. I love the colours in this pack and it really is versatile enough to use for almost any project. 
 
 
I covered the front of my book with one of the B & T papers and embellished it with the stamp set from the Huntington Workshop on the Go kit.  The WOTG kits now come with a D size stamp set and they all have titles with them so you no longer have to worry about having the right letter stamps!  If any of you were lucky enough to get the free My Creations Mini Banner in June then here is what I like to do with mine.  I covered it with some cardstock and added it as a page!  I love to add these to layouts to give them some fun dimension.
 
My first page is a combination of a few things.  Maybe you've heard that there's a new Cricut cartridge!  Unfortunately I don't have mine yet but I use the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut my blue page.  Again you can see another mini banner piece attached to the left side.  I added some of the retired Top Coats 4x6 overlays.  The one on the left is affixed but the one on the right is just another page. 
 
Did you notice the little bow clip?  That from the Laughing Lola Assortment.  Isn't it cute? 

 
I got my inspiration for this next page from Pinterest.  I've had a layout with a photo like this pinned for quite some time now.  Here is the pin.
 
 
Here is a close up of yet another mini banner piece.  For this one I added a little decoration above it.  Can you guess what it is?  It's from the new Idea Book and it goes with the ProPlayer kit. 
 
 
All of the stamps on these pages are from the Family Photo stamp set.  It's a new exclusive set only available for Hostesses.  What a great new idea.  There are 7 new hostess only stamps sets that vary in size from A to D.  They are greatly discounted but can only be purchased using hostess rewards.  Another great reason to host your very own home gathering. 
 
 
This next page is done mostly with the Laughing Lola papers and embellishments.  I had some items left over from convention and decided that it would be a great addition to the book.
 
 
Here is a close up of the Dimensional Elements that coordinate with Laughing Lola.
 
 
I think this next page is my favourite.  I love these two pictures of my boys.  I cut out the red page with my cricut again and used the Craft Room to size it the way I wanted.  I used some tips that I got from fellow consultants Senior Executive Directors Sheri Rottler and Diana Veenendaal.

 
I added some keyboard kraft alpha stickers for the tab title and then the arrows from the ProPlayer Assortment.  This time I used the new All the Details stamp set.  Don't you just love the name tag?

 
If you have any questions about anything in the book just let me know.  I'm always happy to help with tips and tricks.  The next stop on the Hop is Crafty Carol's Place Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects from those that you have seen along the way. Join us again next month.
 
 


Comments

  1. Hello super adorable!!! That was a lot of work- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather this is beautiful. I especially love the name tags on the last page you showed us...your boys will laugh at their handwriting in the years to come...such a great way to preserve memories of their early childhood!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great book!! I do love how you got your boys to write their names on the "name tag". I also love how you mixed up stamp sets and embellishments from the different paper packs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome mini Heather!! I love everything about it, especially how you've incorporated so many different collections! Great way to showcase our fabulous new product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! What a lot of work, but a great memory keeper for the future! Great way to use so many different new products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a lot of work and all of it gorgeous!!! The page of your two boys is a fantastic idea. May have to borrow that one! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Journal Together 2024 February Prompt