Team Brae-er Blog Hop Year >> Noted

Welcome to our monthly team Brae-er Blog Hop featuring YEAR >> NOTED from Close to my Heart. If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you get lost you can find your way by going to Brae's blog at http://wp.me/p4htXJ-C2 for a full list of participants. If you came from Alyson's blog then you are in the right place!
We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 

In celebration of National Papercrafting Month, Close To My Heart invites you to reflect on the things that make you who you are and on what you want to accomplish in the coming months. Then, with the help of the Year >> Noted paper kit, record your experiences and goals!

 

As soon as I got my Year >> Noted kit I knew that I wanted to create the time capsule project that is shown but I wanted it to be of this past year.  I quickly picked out the pictures that I felt reflected the highs and lows of our past year and began to put together the book. 

 It was so quick and easy to complete.  

 
 

 

I forgot a picture here so I just added a flip flap!

Once I share this with my monthly club I will seal it up and then not open it for at least 2-3 years.  I'm really looking forward to opening it back up and looking at it with my boys to see how much they have changed.

 

Since there was still a full sheet of the lovely B & T paper left I wanted to create one of the layouts also. 


It took me a bit to figure out how I could make it work but by simply cutting the middle two inches out of the paper I ended up with the stripe for the left side and the two pieces for the right. 

I used the inside letters of the title that were left over and some stamps to create some additional patterned paper since I didn't have any left.  

It was a lot of fun to pull the layout together and make the project kit stretch.  There are certainly more than enough of the gold stickers and by using a few other stamp sets I made the layout suit my photos from last years new years eve.  


The next stop on the Hop is Darcel. Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects from those that you have seen along the way.

 

 

Comments

  1. nice job! You got lots out of your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see the whole album put together. - I have an extra one and now I know what I can actually do with it. I'm sure the boys will love looking back on the year when they see this in a few years time. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great way to showcase the book! I think your boys will love to see it a couple of years down the road as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on creating a time capsule of this year.....yours really looks great.....love the layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the time capsule idea, and the album is the perfect size for this project. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the kit . Love the little album .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have a project completed! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Journal Together 2024 February Prompt