Hopscotch Layout Inspired by Pinterest

I always start my scrapbooking layouts by reviewing my pictures and finding a pattern that suits them before even printing them.  Sometimes that means using a CTMH pattern and sometimes it means using a pattern I find on the internet.  I always start with something as my inspiration though, even if in the end it looks very different.  This layout was inspired by one I saved on my Pinterest board.


The original post can be found here.

Since I usually create double page layouts and this was just a single page, I needed to figure out how to the right page would look.  It was pretty simple though and I think it turned out quite well.
 


I used the new Hopscotch Workshop kit and the coordinating complements.  This kit is only available until the end of March in the first Seasonal Expressions Idea Book.  The frame is a photo mat cut from the Cricut Artbooking cartridge.  I used the arrows that were cut out and just flipped them over to have consistency on the right page. 



The Complements made the layout come together so quickly.



I love the new extra thick bakers twine that comes with the kit.  It really adds some great dimension to the page and has a much different feel than the standard bakers twine.  



For this layout I also wanted to try a new technique.  It is called "a bit of blot" and can be found in page 55 of the 2014-2015 Annual Inspirations Idea Book.  It took a little practice until I got the results that I wanted.  It all depends on what you want it to look like as it can be light like I did or quite heavy if you add more ink and more water.  I think I'll try it again and maybe mix some colours next time.  

Do you use a pattern to start like I do or do you just make it up as you go?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian May/June New Product Blog Hop

My Favourite Things April Team Blog Hop

Journal Together 2024 February Prompt